This policy/warranty will describe all mouldings and millwork-related items as the Product. All Millwork and Products must be inspected prior to installation. While we strive for excellence in shipping, occasionally errors may occur. In the event of a quality, quantity, or profile discrepancy, notice must be given to WESTCOAST MOULDING & MILLWORK LIMITED (Westcoast) as soon as possible and no later than 5 days after the arrival of the product. This includes material shipped to or worked on by third parties including installers, painters, and pre-finishers. It also includes material sent to another location (i.e., a painter) before installation. A Westcoast representative will inspect the product in accordance with industry standards. Unacceptable products will be reworked or replaced. Westcoast will not be responsible for the product after it is installed and therefore be relieved of any liability for said product.
LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY
A manufacturer’s warranty applies to most products sold. This warranty may vary from product to product. In no event shall Westcoast be liable for any special, incidental, exemplary, or consequential damages, or commercial loss of any kind (including loss of income or profits). Westcoast’s entire liability for breach of warranty is limited to the replacement of defective products, or to an amount not to exceed the price of defective products. This agreement excludes all implied warranties including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular use. Inherent in the Product are natural defects that are perfectly normal and acceptable and are not part of this warranty.
This warranty is subject to the following stipulations and conditions:
- All claims must be submitted in writing and accompanied by proof of purchase.
- Westcoast reserves the right to inspect any Product deemed to be defective, in the location and under the conditions where the defect was first detected. If required, Westcoast will inspect the product within 14 days of receiving the complaint. Products that are repaired or removed from the job site without the express consent in writing of Westcoast are not subject to claims, replacements, refunds or credit.
- Should any Product be determined to be defective, at the option of Westcoast such Product shall either be replaced or refunded.
- Westcoast reserves the right to have defective Products returned to our facility for review which may incur additional courier charges.
- This warranty excludes Product damage due to improper installation, abuse, misuse, or accident, whether performed by a contractor, service company or the consumer.
- Westcoast is not responsible for labour charges, installation or other consequential costs.
- In no case shall the liability exceed the purchase price of the Product.
- This warranty is void under any of the following conditions but not limited to:
- The Product is broken.
- The Product is installed or used in an application other than intended.
- The Product is installed in high-humidity environments.
- The Product has been subjected to standing water or other liquid.
- The Product has been exposed to the elements.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND THE SOLE WARRANTY GIVEN BY WESTCOAST MOULDING & MILLWORK LIMITED WITH RESPECT TO THE COVERED PRODUCTS. WESTCOAST MOULDING & MILLWORK LIMITED MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WESTCOAST MOULDING & MILLWORK LIMITED NEITHER ASSUMES, NOR AUTHORIZES ANY OTHER PERSON TO ASSUME (INCLUDING ANY DISTRIBUTOR, BUILDER OR INSTALLER), ANY OTHER OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY OR TO MAKE ANY ADDITIONAL WARRANTY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE, INSTALLATION OR USE OF THE PRODUCT.