Standard & Custom-Built Interior Doors with Form and Function
Interior doors play an essential role in every home’s design and functionality. They are the primary portals that separate different rooms, providing privacy and noise insulation while adding visual interest to a space.
Whether you are renovating your home or building a new one, choosing the right interior doors can be a challenging task. And to add to it, there are many types, styles, and materials available to choose from.
If you’re looking for something unique, custom interior doors may be the way to go. Considerations in your purchasing decision should include door style, material, solid or hollow core, custom or standard size, fire-rated, and lastly pre-hung or slab.
Interior doors, each with its unique features and benefits:
- Panel doors are the most common and traditional type. They feature raised or flat panels and come in various styles, such as colonial, shaker, and contemporary.
- Flush doors are simple and sleek, with a flat surface that fits flush against the door frame. They are ideal for modern and minimalist designs.
- French doors consist of a pair of hinged doors that swing open from the centre. They add elegance and sophistication to any room.
- Barn doors slide along a track mounted on the wall, making them an excellent space-saving option.
- Pocket doors slide into the wall when opened, making them an excellent space-saving option in small rooms.
- Bi-fold doors consist of two or more panels that fold in half, making them perfect for closets, pantries, and laundry rooms.
Interior doors are available in a variety of materials including:
- Wood doors are the most popular choice, as they offer warmth, beauty, and durability. They can be made from different wood species, such as oak, maple, pine, and mahogany, and stained or painted to match your interior decor.
- MDF doors are a more affordable option that offers a smooth and uniform finish. They are made from wood fibres and resin, which make them less prone to warping, cracking, and splitting than solid wood doors.
- Glass doors are excellent for letting natural light into a room and creating a visual connection between spaces. They can be frosted, etched, or stained for added privacy and style. Metal doors are the most durable and secure option, ideal for high-traffic areas and commercial buildings.
- Steel doors are strong, durable, and fire-resistant, making them an excellent option for interior doors in commercial buildings.
Interior doors also come with various hardware options, including handles, locks, hinges, and knobs and they can be finished in different materials, such as chrome, nickel, brass, and bronze, to match your interior design style.
Interior doors are an essential component of a home’s design and functionality. Whether you prefer traditional, modern, transitional, or contemporary styles, there is a wide range of stock options or custom-built solutions available to fit your needs and budget. To find the right interior doors for your project, consult with a professional interior designer, contractor, or a Westcoast Moulding product expert, who can guide you through the selection process and ensure proper installation.
WESTCOAST MOULDING & MILLWORK has the largest selection of interior and exterior in-stock Moulding Profiles, Flatstock, and Architectural Decorative Elements in Western Canada—Something for every style and budget. Shop Mouldings | Contact us Today! for more information.